Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Master Disaster




Yep, this is(was) the Master Bedroom!  MAUVE (music from Psycho plays in the background)!!!!!
And please excuse the mess....  I took the pic's mid-transformation.  This should have been the first room to be painted, but I was thinking the foyer wouldn't take long - boy was I wrong, but anyway.... The master wasn't too bad, with the exception that I realized that the previous owners had the 1970's brown, wood paneling up, wallpapered over that, and put a single coat of mauve paint over the wallpaper - YEP - you could actually see the vertical stripes of flowers behind the "barely there" paint coverage.

So, staying true to my grey theme, I chose Benjamin Moore's Chelsea Gray - one of my favorite's.  It is dark, but our room was big enough, had the white trim, and I was going with white bedding, so I thought it would be a great contrast.  Here are the after pics...


The pictures really don't do the room justice, but the colors all go really well together.  My headboard is a light, tan leather from Pottery Barn.  All of the bedding is from Pottery Barn as well.   I am very pleased with how the master bedroom turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment